UPDATES

Be sure to look back at previous posts for updates to those specific subjects. I'm trying to keep things updated without it being scattered all over the place. So if I have a new picture or more information (or more correct information) I will add it to that previous post. If I add updated text it will be in red.

Monday, October 17, 2011

THE ENGINE IS OUT!

LIFTED CAR AND LEFT ENGINE ON CART


ENGINE ON HOMEMADE CART

I disconnected all wiring harnesses, fuel lines, hoses and brackets. Removed all front suspension components. Attached a brace that held the engine from the top and then removed the k-member. I built an engine removal cart that would fit between the runners on my four post lift. I lowered the car until the engine rested on the cart. Then I removed the engine brace and transmission jack. Now I just raised the car until it was free of the old 5.0, aode transmission and all of it's accessories. Check out the photo.

Now it's time to figure out which wires I need to keep and which I can discard from all the wiring harnesses that surround the engine compartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment