UPDATES

Be sure to look back at previous posts for updates to those specific subjects. I'm trying to keep things updated without it being scattered all over the place. So if I have a new picture or more information (or more correct information) I will add it to that previous post. If I add updated text it will be in red.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PAINT

PRIMED BAY

FINAL PAINT
Getting closer to finishing the engine compartment. I have completed the bondo and glazing faze and have moved on to paint. First a couple of coats of etching primer on those bare metal spots. Then 6 coats of sandable primer. Today I added 3 coats of primer sealer. Next comes 3 coats of base (brilliant silver) followed by 3 or 4 coats of clear.

Final paint and clearcoat has been completed. Looks ok for an amateur. Now not to scratch it!

Some parts are starting to arrive thanks to Cjponyparts.com (david@cjponyparts.com, David Newcomer Sales Rep.)  having their year end blow out sale. I've been watching prices on these parts for a year now. This sale has saved me over 450 dollars. At some point I will list the parts and maybe include some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment